Television / Characters /
Played by Cameron Daddo.
historical character / appeared in novels
- grew up in Hannibal, Missouri
- worked as a printer, silver miner, soldier in Confederate army and
riverboat pilot before writing full time
- late in life, his works became markedly bitter and pessimistic, no doubt
a result of the deaths of his wife and two daughters
- unfinished work, "The Mysterious Stranger"
- co-founded the city of Parolando with King John Lackland after aiding in
the assassination of his former partner, Erik Bloodaxe
- built a massive steel riverboat, the Not For Hire, which was
subsequently stolen by King John.
- built a second riverboat, better than the first, and chased Lackland all
the way to the mouth of the River, at Virolando
- searched for his wife for decades, only to find her in love with the
historical Cyrano De Bergerac
- visited by Ethical rebel, Loga, who guided him to massive iron deposits
(an incredibly rare material on the River). Clemens referred to him
as "The Mysterious Stranger"